For the past 22 years, we’ve committed ourselves and our brand to a single aim: to empower all women and girls. Inspiration. Collaboration. Connection. Inclusivity. It’s what we do best, and we’re on the hunt for people who share our passion for leading an active lifestyle, growing personally as well as professionally, and creating game-changing products and experiences.
We use business as a force for good by putting people and the planet right up there with profit, which is why Athleta is a certified B Corp. Ready to make a move? Join us. Because we know that alone we’re strong, but together we’re unstoppable.
About the role
We’re looking for a Senior Analyst to support the growth of Athleta. The Senior Analyst will collaborate with a wide range of functional business partners, including Finance, Merchandising, Inventory Management, Production and Technology.
The Senior Analyst will support the identification, development, and implementation of new growth opportunities across Products, Channels and/or Markets through competitive intelligence, as well as business and financial analytics.
We are looking for someone who possesses strong strategic mindset, analytical skills, project management experience, and retail industry knowledge. The candidate selected for this role will be expected to form hypotheses, design and conduct analyses, and synthesize conclusions into recommendations to help implement change.
What you'll do
- Support development and execution of new and existing growth initiatives
- Perform financial and business case modeling
- Monitor and report monthly / quarterly market and competitive positions
- Drive research and ad-hoc analyses to solve business problems, create alternatives, and guide business and investment decisions
- Influence the organization’s decision-making by proactively researching and providing actionable views of market & competitor insights, consumer insights, macro trend insights, and internal performance analysis
- Develop and maintain effective cross-functional and cross-divisional relationships
- Cultivate a positive, collaborative, creative, results-oriented work environment
Who you are
- Ability to evaluate financial and business indicators and translate data into actionable information to drive results
- Able to use rigorous logic and methods to solve problems with effective solutions. Demonstrates strong listening, written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrate an ability to set objectives and goals and organize work appropriately to meet and exceed goals. Possess strong organizational and time management skills.
- Able to build constructive and effective relationships with a broad and diverse group of business partners to navigate complex situations. Can effectively influence and present ideas that lead others to action
- Able to thrive in an ambiguous and fast-paced environment by adapting to change, while being curious to seek answers and being open to new processes
- Expert in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint, and have the aptitude to learn technical applications quickly and effectively
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 2-3 years of proven business experience preferably in the retail, consulting or investment banking industry
Benefits at Athleta
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs