About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
Companies that can leverage data to inform decisions and apply advanced analytics will differentiate and have higher returns than those that can't. We are in an exciting stage of evolution as we embark on a journey to modernize our reporting and analytics through the creation of a single platform with one architectural design and strategy utilizing new and improved cloud technologies that delivers on our company’s strategies.
The Director, Enterprise Data Platform PdM, is a great opportunity for someone looking for a transformational, challenging and collaborative role. The individual will take the lead in defining the product road map for a best in class data platform that will use data to unlock opportunities to provide better service to our customers by understanding who they are, how they shop, and what they want.
We are looking for someone who has built an enterprise data platform at scale utilizing cloud technologies who can use that experience and understanding of technology to guide us on our journey to succeeding as a data-driven company.
What you'll do
- Ability to lead data platform product management and deliver business capabilities through technology enablement; Defines a vision and roadmap for an enterprise data strategy; Leads a data platform implementation; Leads system solution evaluations and product due diligence
- Establish Data quality, accuracy and security thresholds that enable the platform to be scalable, resilient and reliable; Ensure performance through robust data processing capabilities through testing, alerting and monitoring
- Developing master data governance framework including global consistency for data definitions, taxonomies, business rules and standards that improve data quality and integration across applications and functions.
- Results-oriented with a demonstrated sense of urgency to drive multiple projects to successful completion; Ensures clear communication of project scope, timing, prioritization, budgets, resource needs, and progress on an ongoing basis and bring key stakeholders including executives on the journey
- Ability to translate business requirements into technology solutions to clearly articulate and drive business value; Critical thinker who can anticipate roadblocks and proactively solve problems in partnership with GapTech.
- Work closely with data architects, API developers, our Dev ops team and our data scientists to design a system that can scale elastically help support build vs buy discussion; Partner with stakeholders across the organization including the brands, GapTech, cross-domain product managers, and change leads to define and prioritize use cases.
- Build, manage, and develop a Rockstar team of product managers that will help achieve the data platform vision.
Who you are
- 10+ years’ experience in technology including 5-7 years’ experience in Data Warehousing, Data Platforms, Enterprise BI and must have built a data platform
- Experience working closely with architects, engineers, and cross-functional teams to define and drive technical product requirements and roadmap.
- Technically savvy and direct experience in: Cloud infrastructure (ideally Azure), self-service reporting tools, data products, security and privacy including a deep learning and understanding of technical fundamentals of platform technologies.
- Blend of both strategic and tactical thinking- someone who can identify and prioritize opportunities in highly ambiguous contexts, and then organize thematic work areas in deep detail, thus aligning long term vision with iterative execution
- Exceptional communication skills- someone who is an engaging storyteller and is at ease presenting to executives with proven ability to develop and maintain effective business partner relationships.
- Must be willing to roll up sleeves and get work done - a productive contributor to detailed content, with a strong sense of accountability and ownership.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs