For the past 22 years, we’ve committed ourselves and our brand to a single aim: to empower all women and girls. Inspiration. Collaboration. Connection. Inclusivity. It’s what we do best, and we’re on the hunt for people who share our passion for leading an active lifestyle, growing personally as well as professionally, and creating game-changing products and experiences.
We use business as a force for good by putting people and the planet right up there with profit, which is why Athleta is a certified B Corp. Ready to make a move? Join us. Because we know that alone we’re strong, but together we’re unstoppable.
About the role
The Site Merchandiser is responsible for driving and supporting the online business via strategy and execution in partnership and with direction from the Senior Site Merchant and Senior Director. Site merchant will strategize assets, deliver email and site briefs and merchandise the website. Site merchant is directly responsible for the Tops and Dresses business.
What you'll do
- Understanding the big ideas and financial investments associated with them.
- Set-up and maintenance of the product assortment for website including Product Pages, Categories, Curating Sorts, Navigation, and executing Markdowns.
- Collaborate with merchants on strategy and maintenance of the web/category navigation.
- Support team by preparing and maintaining the seasonal style list to allow pre-season tasks to be clearly grouped and managed. This includes styles & style/colors and outfits.
- Driving categories through diversity of messaging, online exclusives, channel extensions, and visual sorting and merchandising.
- Reporting on weekly and seasonal basis performance taking into account business trends, customer insights, and macro trends. Making recommendations on in season and next year changes.
- Support third party vendor relationships and optimization including on site search, product recommendations, and outfitting tools.
- Communicate changes in merchandise assortments and messaging to the appropriate members of the cross-functional team on a timely basis
Other Responsibilities include:
- Understanding product trends, historical data, and macro environment trends to help plan and explain business performance.
- Providing information to develop key concepts, key items, promotional strategies and assortments that are commercially viable and provide exciting store experiences.
- Possess a clear understanding of the importance of high quality work and accuracy and its impact on the customer’s site experience.
- Demonstrate strong teamwork skills through developing relations with and influencing cross-functional teams.
- Work with production to communicate system bugs and issues.
- Maintain a cooperative team environment that promotes high performance standards and attainment of goals
Who you are
- Strong time management and organizational skills along with the ability to prioritize as well as possess a sense of urgency when appropriate
- Possess strong presentation, listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- Defend and effectively sell a point of view to both peers and management.
- Analyze a problem skillfully, formulate a logical rationale for the decision and take action.
- Maintain a cooperative team environment that promotes high performance standards and attainment of goals.
- Be open-minded to and receptive of others' opinions.
- Possess basic knowledge of international production processes.
- Demonstrate the organizational ability to facilitate multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment.
- Possess computer literacy and facility with Microsoft Office and Excel.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years of retail buying and or web merchandising experience.
- Ability to transport, maneuver and visually evaluate merchandise.
Benefits at Athleta
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs