For the past 22 years, we’ve committed ourselves and our brand to a single aim: to empower all women and girls. Inspiration. Collaboration. Connection. Inclusivity. It’s what we do best, and we’re on the hunt for people who share our passion for leading an active lifestyle, growing personally as well as professionally, and creating game-changing products and experiences.
We use business as a force for good by putting people and the planet right up there with profit, which is why Athleta is a certified B Corp. Ready to make a move? Join us. Because we know that alone we’re strong, but together we’re unstoppable.
About the role
The Print + Pattern Textile Developer is responsible for the execution of print and novelty development from initial concept to commercialization. This role sits in the R&D team and works cross functionally, with Design, Production, Art, Color, Merch, Technical Design and HK Sourcing Team to ensure development and on time delivery according to the defined product creation milestones. This role will also manage sampling and prototyping for printed materials in addition to identifying and addressing key manufacturing issues. This role is critical to enable flawless execution of quality standards and helping bring our creative vision to life.
What you'll do
- Manage from artwork handover, strike-off’s through to bulk for
- Performance and product area
- Works through and advises on artwork execution, according to the type of art, product attributes and specific fabric requirements, while working across multiple seasons
- Owns correspondence via email and/or video conference and international travel to sourcing office (HK) and vendor visits for all developments, in partnership with design and production, as well as vendor partners
- Update and mange mill sheets based on vendor/mill base capabilities
- Maintaining tools while working off-site
- Work with partners to identify fabric bases for print and novelty surface testing
- Preparing and briefing new surface novelty techniques to vendors/mills in collaboration with Fabric R&D and HK office
- Collaborate with vendor/mill base on developing new Sustainable surface novelty techniques
- Strong product management skills of working with cross functional partners over 2 offices
Who you are
- Strong understanding of artwork development for active apparel, technical, functional materials and applications required
- Background in surface development and proven history of strike-off approvals
- Knowledge of print and surface novelty techniques
- Driven to make change through process and best practices
- Passionate about surface pattern
- Ability to build strong relationships & maintain alignment with internal & external, cross functional partners
- Fiber knowledge is an advantage
- Making artwork updates is an advantage
- Excellent communication skills and highly organized
- Aspires build in inclusive culture to grow Athleta focused on making world class product
- 5+ years experience in production development, and/or print and pattern production and Textile Design
- Preferred Textile Design or Textile related degree
- Experience in Illustrator/Photoshop. PLM and Excel are a bonus!
Benefits at Athleta
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs