For the past 22 years, we’ve committed ourselves and our brand to a single aim: to empower all women and girls. Inspiration. Collaboration. Connection. Inclusivity. It’s what we do best, and we’re on the hunt for people who share our passion for leading an active lifestyle, growing personally as well as professionally, and creating game-changing products and experiences.
We use business as a force for good by putting people and the planet right up there with profit, which is why Athleta is a certified B Corp. Ready to make a move? Join us. Because we know that alone we’re strong, but together we’re unstoppable.
About the role
This Manager is responsible for the strategic development and execution of triggered & lifecycle strategies (email, SMS, etc.) to drive omni-channel engagement and customer retention for Athleta. This position will report to the Director of Retention Marketing.
The position lends itself to someone who is passionate about using rigorous testing to optimize customer-driven strategies across multiple marketing channels.
We are looking for a strategic thinker; someone who thrives on using technology & innovation to implement continuous improvement across all areas of responsibility and bring our customers the most relevant experiences possible.
Athleta is a fast growing brand with continued focus on increasing awareness, driving new & existing customer purchases and engagement with the Athleta community. Based at our San Francisco headquarters, this job sits within the Athleta digital marketing team and will work cross-functionally with teams including, but not limited to, brand marketing, creative & editorial, product management, analytics, web merchandising, and our email & technology vendors. The ideal candidate will have strong communication skills, proactive & organized, a willingness to work within a highly matrixed organization, and possess a passion and curiosity for digital marketing, email marketing & the customer journey.
1. Triggered & Lifecycle Email
What you'll do
- Drive cross channel traffic & retention through a strategic approach to customer touchpoints & message cadence
- Own all Athleta triggered & lifecycle strategies, driving retention & loyalty on a personalized, 1:1 level
- Drive segmentation and personalization strategies (custom or otherwise) to ensure we are optimizing content delivery at the customer or segment level
- Partner with Central Digital Team to evaluate new 3rd party technology and personalization capabilities; make recommendations on implementation to drive increased engagement across the triggered email landscape
- Develop testing agenda to drive continuous improvement
2. Innovation & Special Technology
- Use technology innovation and vendor capabilities to drive increased response that can be applied to triggered and batch email campaigns
- Lead third party technology efforts across email; including, but not limited to product recommendations, dynamic content solutions, etc.
- Liaison between 3rd party vendors & internal email / site marketing teams
- Drive all email & relevant non-homepage site marketing testing (agenda, measurement, reporting)
- Lead vision & strategy for nascent SMS channel
- Develop segmentation & content strategies based on file and customer insights
- Manage transition to multi-touch weekly contact strategy
Who you are
- Background in email marketing required; lifecycle, loyalty, and e-commerce experience preferred
- Experience developing data-driven digital segmentation strategies
- Experience with complex multi-step customer journeys
- Must be adept in strategic thinking & analytics with a passion for innovation and creative problem solving
- Ability to glean insights and tell a story from data
- History of creating effective cross-functional partnerships with a wide variety of teams
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment, deal with ambiguity, and prioritize multiple projects
Benefits at Athleta
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs