For the past 22 years, we’ve committed ourselves and our brand to a single aim: to empower all women and girls. Inspiration. Collaboration. Connection. Inclusivity. It’s what we do best, and we’re on the hunt for people who share our passion for leading an active lifestyle, growing personally as well as professionally, and creating game-changing products and experiences.
We use business as a force for good by putting people and the planet right up there with profit, which is why Athleta is a certified B Corp. Ready to make a move? Join us. Because we know that alone we’re strong, but together we’re unstoppable.
About the role
The Assistant Manager, Performance Marketing plays a key role on Athleta’s digital and social media marketing teams, and is primarily responsible for seamlessly coordinating and executing tasks across all tactics within the paid social channel. This person will assist the Manager in delivering strategic, targeted & innovative messaging to a strongly engaged current customer base, as well as driving new customer acquisition and awareness. This role will report to the Manager, Digital Marketing.
What you'll do
- Work closely with Manager and Sr. Manager of Digital Marketing, as well as social agency to develop strategy, timeline, and creative briefs for paid social ad development and execution across Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and others
- Partner effectively with brand marketing, social agency, and web merchandising to ensure support of the business initiatives while also giving customers a compelling mix of creative messaging
- Confidently manage creative development process including coordinating copywriting, graphic design and/or imagery efforts and work closely with creative & copy teams to ensure digital and paid social ads are on brand while also driving ROAS, acquisition, and brand awareness
- Analyze reporting for all tactics within paid social channel & share out insights from multiple vendors & partners
- Assist with development of monthly social media creative and targeting strategy to leadership
- Help to identify, and create A/B testing opportunities on social, and develop creative best practices from the learnings
- Work closely with social agency to develop analytic reports to showcase weekly and monthly campaign performance with recommendations for optimizations of future ad campaigns
- Ongoing analysis/projects as needed to deep dive into specific campaigns & key learnings
- Work proactively with merchandising, marketing and planning teams to identify strong product messaging to link creative messaging & product
Who you are
- Bachelor’s Degree (marketing preferred) and 1-3+ years of experience in digital marketing, focusing on paid social – with fashion/apparel, consumer brand
- Media/Social planning experience, including managing media and/or social agency with a passion for digital and social media that manifests in a drive to remain active in multiple digital & social networks and consume the latest, greatest technology, social platform or app
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to form effective partnerships across cross-functional teams – design, merchandising, marketing, creative, and agency
- Effective time and project management skills, thriving on working in a collaborative, dynamic, fast-paced work environment
- Strong critical thinking skills and extensive experience with quantitative analysis
- Ability to analyze data and extract relevant and actionable insights. Omniture experience a plus
- Strong verbal, written communication and presentation skills with a marketing mindset and the ability to articulate how an idea comes to life
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and project management tools; adept at learning new tools and technologies
- Experience using a variety of popular social media– Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, etc.
Benefits at Athleta
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs