About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
At Gap Inc., we are passionate about creating and delivering quality software by utilizing Agile and DevOps best practices. We are creating solutions using Automation, Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration & Delivery, Pair Programming, and story-based iterative development. In this role, you will collaborate cross-functionally with Product Management and Design to build and improve multiple features across the product discovery and purchase shopping experience.
We are looking for imaginative individuals who are passionate about solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. Join us and flex your imagination with designing and developing industry-leading Point Of Sale (POS) features that are reliable, scalable, and create a great customer experience!
What you'll do
Design highly scalable and high performing technology solutions
Guide and advocate with technical expertise in the areas of architecture, design, implementation, and testing. Participate in an Agile work environment, to produce and deliver code and/or test cases using Agile practices.
Be updated on the latest offerings in technology and methodology in the market and perform proof of concepts to better understand how they fit into the Gap landscape and their usefulness and effectiveness to the organization if adopted.
Develop code using standards-based solutions, drive adoption via mentoring and guiding others
Works closely with Technical Lead, Technical Manager, Product Manager and Scrum Master to balance product architecture and delivery timeline.
Work closely with the business and functional professionals and help simplify and improve the processes through the latest in technology and automation.
Work closely with the production support team and assist in resolving critical production issues.
Who you are
- Software engineering development experience which includes Java/J2ee, spring boot and hibernate experience, and full lifecycle development experience on large projects, creating distributed and scalable eCommerce/stores systems.
- Hands-on experience in applying design patterns
- Hands-on experience in Kafka or Confluent platform preferred; hands-on experience in Rest API design and implementation
- Should understand the DevOps model, Hands-on experience is a plus.
- Experience in using containerization technologies and cloud, Azure and Pivotal Cloud Foundry
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills, and thrive in a collaborative team environment
- 5+ years experience with a Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs