About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
At Gap Inc., we are passionate about creating and delivering quality software by utilizing Agile and DevOps best practices. We are creating solutions using Automation, Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration & Delivery, Pair Programming, and story-based iterative development. In this role, you will collaborate cross-functionally with Product Management and Design to build and improve multiple features across the product discovery and purchase shopping experience.
We are looking for imaginative individuals who are passionate about solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. Join us and flex your imagination with designing and developing industry-leading Point Of Sale (POS) features that are reliable, scalable, and create a great customer experience!
What you'll do
- Design highly scalable and high performing technology solutions
- Provide technical knowledge and guidance to the team. Participate in an Agile work environment, to produce and deliver code and/or test cases using Agile practices.
- Work closely with the production support team and assist in resolving critical production issues.
- Work closely with the business and functional professionals and help simplify and improve the processes through the latest in technology and automation.
- Be updated on the latest offerings in technology and methodology in the market and perform proof of concepts to better understand how they fit into the Gap landscape and their usefulness and effectiveness to the organization if adopted.
- Works closely with Technical Lead, Technical Manager, Product Manager and Scrum Master to balance product architecture and delivery timeline.
Who you are
- Software engineering development experience which includes Java/J2ee, spring boot and hibernate experience, and full lifecycle development experience on large projects, creating distributed and scalable eCommerce/stores systems.
- Hands-on experience in applying design patterns
- Hands-on experience in Kafka or Confluent platform preferred; hands-on experience in Rest API design and implementation
- Should understand the DevOps model, Hands-on experience is a plus.
- Experience in using containerization technologies and cloud, Azure and Pivotal Cloud Foundry
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills, and thrive in a collaborative team environment
- 5+ years experience with a Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs