About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
Our Merchandising Intern will get exposure to the buyer/merchant role at a global vertical retailer. This intern will work on a merchandising team within a specific Gap Inc. brand, supporting projects to drive the business. Past projects include identifying white space in the market for potential opportunities, running a competitive analysis on product assortment and pricing and competitive shopping with merchant teams for research and inspiration.
What you'll do
- Support merchant teams in key projects throughout the summer, and actively participate in presentations to senior leadership based on findings
- Monitor blogs and magazines to identify trends based on project needs
- Create mood/inspiration boards with pictures, magazine tears, and product samples to support project presentations
- Shop the competition to purchase samples and collect data points as requested by merchant team (price points, styles per store, promotional activity, customer profiles, flow strategies, product performance)
- Maintain, create, and understand reports and tools used by merchant teams to support requests and participate in conversations and ideas to drive the business.
Who you are
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs