For the past 22 years, we’ve committed ourselves and our brand to a single aim: to empower all women and girls. Inspiration. Collaboration. Connection. Inclusivity. It’s what we do best, and we’re on the hunt for people who share our passion for leading an active lifestyle, growing personally as well as professionally, and creating game-changing products and experiences.
We use business as a force for good by putting people and the planet right up there with profit, which is why Athleta is a certified B Corp. Ready to make a move? Join us. Because we know that alone we’re strong, but together we’re unstoppable.
About the role
A critical senior leadership team member of the Athleta Marketing Team, the Senior Director of Brand Marketing leads and acts as the guardian of Athleta and Athleta Girl’s short and long term brand vision and strategies, ensuring they come to life across brand touchpoints. He/she also oversees the brand strategy development for new businesses and brands.
Additionally, the Senior Director of Brand Marketing is responsible for the development of Athleta and Athleta Girl’s annual and seasonal omni marketing and messaging strategies and plans that grow brand awareness, drive traffic (new and existing), conversion, engagement and profitability that meet or exceed Athleta’s budgeted sales and earnings goals.
The Director of Athleta Women’s Marketing and the Director of Athleta Girl Marketing report into this role.
What you'll do
- Partner with CMO and marketing leadership team to develop annual and seasonal Athleta and Athleta Girl omni marketing strategies and plans that grow brand awareness, drive traffic (new and existing), conversion, engagement and profitability that meet or exceed our budgeted sales and earnings
- In partnership with CMO, lead long term brand strategy for Athleta and Athleta Girl, including how to further deepen mission and brand values; support CMO in external and internal rollout and communications of Athleta’s brand strategy
- Ensure brand mission and brand platform comes to life across all brand touchpoints, partnering closely with cross-functional leaders (primarily in marketing, creative, design, merchandising, field and HR)
- In partnership with CMO, oversee brand strategy for any new businesses and brands (i.e. category expansions or global, etc.); this may include brand positioning, brand architecture and naming
- Lead development of Athleta and Athleta Girl annual and seasonal brand messaging strategy and architecture, including clearly articulated hierarchy of brand and product stories, partnering closely with VP of Merchandising, VP of Design, VP of IM and Head of Athleta Girl; Ensure messaging strategy is in service to Athleta’s long-term brand mission, platform and marketing / product LRP
- Brief all marketing and creative teams about seasonal strategies, campaigns and messaging / content priorities to kick off creative concepting and omni channel marketing activations; Act as key point person for omni channel marketing and creative team to help bring seasonal brief to life across touchpoints and implement powerful omni channel marketing plan
- Act as key marketing leader across key Athleta pipeline milestones, representing overall seasonal marketing and messaging strategy and overseeing marketing integration and optimization
Who you are
- At least 10-12 years brand marketing strategy, marketing planning and communications experience with fashion/apparel, consumer brand and/or marketing agency
- Balanced left and right brain marketer, with exceptional problem solving and analytical skills and proven ability to turn findings into executable, strategic plans
- Results-oriented with an exceptional track record of developing holistic marketing strategies and plans that have consistently met or exceeded planned objectives
- Well-versed in developing customer-driven marketing strategies based on consumer insights, competitive landscape and brand knowledge
- Inspirational leader with the ability to develop and coach highly talented, senior-level team members
- Proven thought leader within the department and cross-functional teams with the ability to galvanize and drive all parties toward a cohesive, actionable plan
- Has a strong aesthetic sense and understanding for the Athleta Brand and apparel industry and ability to drive and maintain a singular brand aesthetic
Benefits at Athleta
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs