For the past 22 years, we’ve committed ourselves and our brand to a single aim: to empower all women and girls. Inspiration. Collaboration. Connection. Inclusivity. It’s what we do best, and we’re on the hunt for people who share our passion for leading an active lifestyle, growing personally as well as professionally, and creating game-changing products and experiences.
We use business as a force for good by putting people and the planet right up there with profit, which is why Athleta is a certified B Corp. Ready to make a move? Join us. Because we know that alone we’re strong, but together we’re unstoppable.
About the role
Reporting to the VP of Digital, the Director of Omnichannel Experiences is responsible for creating the vision for the Athleta omnichannel ecosystem, along with prioritizing the strategic pillars within that vision and identifying the key capabilities needed to bring it to life. Omnichannel experience will focus on the intersection of the store and online channels, harnessing the power of each to drive a seamless, personalized and inspirational customer experience across Athleta touchpoints. Examples include a virtual styling service, a digitally-enabled store of the future, clienteling etc. The Director works closely with key stakeholders including: Site Experience & Innovation, Community, Stores, CRM, Marketing, Strategy, and the Athleta Leadership Team.
What you'll do
Define the vision for Athleta’s Omnichannel ecosystem, overseeing quantitative and qualitative analyses and strategy development. Examples of activities:
Assess trends in the marketplace to provide thought leadership around omnichannel opportunities for Athleta. Match with business and consumer insights and analysis of Athleta’s key assets and competitive advantages.
Identify and prioritize key “initiatives” Athleta should go after in the Omnichannel space. Size business opportunities and tie to overall vision and business plan.
Determine key capabilities, investments and resources needed to support these initiatives. Build multi-year roadmap to support.
Structure presentations and evangelize vision and strategy throughout the organization, partnering with key cross-functional stakeholders and leaders to get alignment and buy-in
Lead cross-functional execution of key prioritized initiatives. Examples of activities:
Develop “go-to market” strategy for each initiative; develop phasing, timeline, key milestones etc.
Identify leads across organization needed to execute each initiative; develop and captain cross-functional working groups; identifying blockers to success, problem-solving and working to resolve cross-functional challenges. Successful outcome will be enfranchising allies throughout the organization to drive toward common goal.
Lead ongoing “steering committee” meeting with leadership to ensure all are up to date and aligned on key decisions.
Develop learning agenda and key “measures of success” to drive continuous optimization of omnichannel experiences; hindsight on an ongoing basis and develop recommendations for future enhancements and new initiatives.
Who you are
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience, MBA preferred
- 10+ years of professional work experience, preferably within digital, retail, consumer products, or strategic management consulting
- Demonstrated track record as an outstanding problem-solver and strategic thinker
- Able to quickly identify key issues and develop hypotheses
- Able to work in and bring structure to ambiguous environments
- Very deep understanding of how to link strategy to financial plans / business cases
- Able to synthesize disperse information into effective strategies and innovative insights, translating complex ideas into simple, actionable recommendations and compelling stories
- Very strong written and oral communicator with proven ability to communicate with senior executives
- Strong retail business acumen
- Demonstrated understanding of retail and consumer-facing businesses
- Able to assess impact of decisions on overall business
- Excellent interpersonal and people leadership skills
- Able to collaborate effectively using broad range of influence styles to drive desired results
- Proven experience in leading teams including providing direction, understanding resource capability and successfully driving results working with internal or external resources
- Strong executive presence and command skills
- Able to identify barriers to successful implementation and capable of working with teams/leaders to mitigate barriers
- Approaches conflicts as opportunities; understands others quickly; can find common ground without comprising total position
- Very strong project and process management skills, including ability to independently disaggregate problems into defined workplans
- Able to effectively juggle multiple projects at one time
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work independently and to manage cross-functional business partners who are not direct line reports
Benefits at Athleta
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs