About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
The Gap Inc Photo Studio is responsible for creating and delivering all assets that support all e- commerce sites within the Gap, Inc. brand portfolio. The Digital Technician is a crucial function in order to deliver one of the key ingredients that make Gap Inc successful. This person is an extremely positive, bright, highly professional and communicative Computer, Color and Imaging Expert and as such is a key support person in this department. This position reports to the Manager, Photography Production & Technology.
What you'll do
- Collect, edit and process all digital images captured for OF photography.
- Support the photography process and ensure the imagery being created is accurate and error-free.
- Responsible for first line of support for all computers (desktop), network support (wired and wireless) and photography database at main On-Figure studio.
- Train and support Freelance Digital Technicians and assist in keeping the Digital Technician guide up to date.
- Effectively communicate business needs and issues to business partners.
- On set Quality Assurance and color analysis expert, ensuring the accuracy and consistency of the image capture process and that the assets are captured and stored in the correct manner to assure efficient workflow.
Who you are
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience - 3 Years Mac OS X/Unix experience, 3 years experience in Adobe Photoshop, Product Retouching and Color Correcting, 2 years experience in computer hardware support (PC and Macintosh)
Experience with Adobe Photoshop, Product Retouching, Color Correcting and Digital Photography
Experience in resolving computer hardware (PC and Macintosh) and basic networking issues; Mac OS X/Unix administration experience, including experience running commands from the command line
Highly communicative, well organized team player who approaches challenges with a positive attitude; Excellent written and verbal skills and the ability to manage multiple deliverables concurrently
Ability to solve workflow issues
Must be able to lift over 50 lbs
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs