About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
Reporting to the Sr Manager, Parcel Network Planning & Design – the Sr Analyst, Parcel Transportation Solutions, is responsible for forecasting, capacity management, and carrier allocation of the Gap Inc. parcel transportation network to enable successful operational execution. The senior analyst will implement innovative delivery solutions to support the growth of ecommerce across all Gap brands and the increasing demand for faster transportation solutions. This person will also be responsible for the project management of new carriers, evolving service level initiatives, and operationalizing any new service(s) for hand-off to other leaders within Parcel Transportation for future day-to-day management. This role will interact with external transportation service providers as well as key internal stakeholders and collaborates with transportation operational leaders on projects and business continuity efforts to help support optimal operating plans/ budgets. We are seeking a person who can extract full value from large data sets prevalent in our data-driven business environment to support critical transportation decisions within our parcel operations.
What you'll do
- Build and maintain parcel transportation forecast for the entire DC network and the ship from store operations. Leverage forecast and carrier capacity to build a network capacity plan that meets business demand.
- Design and implement parcel carrier solutions, shipping policies, and procedures to support ecommerce growth across all Gap brands.
- Project Manage Global Parcel initiatives and deliver strategic projects inclusive of cross channel and seamless inventory projects.
- Maintain policies, networks, sourcing points, and carrier base. Monitor industry trends and shipping best practices in all global markets, and educate leadership team on network opportunities.
- Own direct ship strategy, evaluate, grow, and modify with network and volume changes to ensure optimal shipping performance.
- Engineer an optimal returns network leveraging our store and DC network, transportation carriers, and external vendors to maximize merchandise margins.
- Develop network plans with effective parcel shipping solutions that support strategic initiatives that drive cost, service, and process improvement initiatives.
Who you are
- Strong knowledge of parcel transportation models/ networks and evolving service levels
- Ability to carry out responsibilities in stressful work environment punctuated by heavy shipping volume or project load
- Logical, analytical, organized thinker willing to question the status quo
- Ability to work with and normalize large data sets
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation skills. Must be able to communicate complex issues and concepts simply in order to gain understanding, buy-in and support across all organizational levels. Extensive knowledge of project management best practices and tools, and ability to effectively manage large strategic projects with minimal supervision
- BA/BS Degree in Business, Supply Chain, Logistics or related field or equivalent industry experience
- 3+ Years Parcel Transportation including Network Design
- Must be able to travel <10% annually [as the business dictates]
- This position is based in the Gap offices - Erlanger, Kentucky
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs