About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
Reporting to the Sr Manager, Parcel Network Planning & Design – the Sr Analyst, Parcel Transportation Solutions, is responsible for forecasting, capacity management, and carrier allocation of the Gap Inc. parcel transportation network to enable successful operational execution. The senior analyst will implement innovative delivery solutions to support the growth of ecommerce across all Gap brands and the increasing demand for faster transportation solutions. This person will also be responsible for the project management of new carriers, evolving service level initiatives, and operationalizing any new service(s) for hand-off to other leaders within Parcel Transportation for future day-to-day management. This role will interact with external transportation service providers as well as key internal stakeholders and collaborates with transportation operational leaders on projects and business continuity efforts to help support optimal operating plans/ budgets. We are seeking a person who can extract full value from large data sets prevalent in our data-driven business environment to support critical transportation decisions within our parcel operations.
What you'll do
- Build and maintain parcel transportation forecast for the entire DC network and the ship from store operations. Leverage forecast and carrier capacity to build a network capacity plan that meets business demand.
- Design and implement parcel carrier solutions, shipping policies, and procedures to support ecommerce growth across all Gap brands.
- Project Manage Global Parcel initiatives and deliver strategic projects inclusive of cross channel and seamless inventory projects.
- Maintain policies, networks, sourcing points, and carrier base. Monitor industry trends and shipping best practices in all global markets, and educate leadership team on network opportunities.
- Own direct ship strategy, evaluate, grow, and modify with network and volume changes to ensure optimal shipping performance.
- Engineer an optimal returns network leveraging our store and DC network, transportation carriers, and external vendors to maximize merchandise margins.
- Develop network plans with effective parcel shipping solutions that support strategic initiatives that drive cost, service, and process improvement initiatives.
Who you are
- Strong knowledge of parcel transportation models/ networks and evolving service levels
- Ability to carry out responsibilities in stressful work environment punctuated by heavy shipping volume or project load
- Logical, analytical, organized thinker willing to question the status quo
- Ability to work with and normalize large data sets
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation skills. Must be able to communicate complex issues and concepts simply in order to gain understanding, buy-in and support across all organizational levels. Extensive knowledge of project management best practices and tools, and ability to effectively manage large strategic projects with minimal supervision
- BA/BS Degree in Business, Supply Chain, Logistics or related field or equivalent industry experience
- 3+ Years Parcel Transportation including Network Design
- Must be able to travel <10% annually [as the business dictates]
- This position is based in the Gap offices - Erlanger, Kentucky
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs