About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
About the role
A dynamic, high-performing, growing team responsible for front-end customer experience and product & tools management for Old Navy’s e-commerce channel. We pride ourselves on blending art & science, and flawless execution in an environment of omnichannel, growth-oriented change. We collaborate with the Digital Merchandising, Marketing, Marketing Production, Ecom Ops, Sample and Photo Studio teams to produce a best-in-class online shopping experience visited by a million people each day.
In this role, you’ll be a key member of the Site Merchandising team, supporting your Site merchant, and will partner with the Digital Merchandising, Marketing Production, Ecom Ops, Photography and Sample needs of the website. You’ll become an expert in utilizing and navigating our product-to-site pipeline, our product management tools, as well as managing a substantial volume of executional tasks within a fast-paced environment.
We are looking for a motivated individual to join us as an Associate Site Merchant, focusing on site execution, within alignment of product and marketing initiatives. In addition, we manage the product pipeline (getting product to site, photography etc), quality assurance on promotions and product attributes from back end tool-related tasks to customer facing marketing flags. We are the visual merchandisers of the online store, ensuring that we align our category navigation experience to the design intent, as well as act as storytellers, partnering with Digital Merchandising on key product initiatives. We utilize 3rd party vendor relationships & tools to manage personalized product recommendations, outfitting templates, internal search and support all SEO initiatives.
What you'll do
- Responsible for various website QA and setup including: product and category linking, customer facing marketing flags, promotional code set-up, and ensuring the correct promo messaging is reflected in content, always keeping the customer POV top of mind.
- Assisting with web management to create a compelling product experience on the site with intuitive category navigation. Act as an active participant in the alignment of the site navigation, product photography, marketing and copy strategies.
- Assist Site Merchant with weekly site review meetings to discuss upcoming marketing, site expectations from homepage to emails, as well as, discuss current site/category needs
- Liaising with Digital Merchandising, Marketing Production partners and fellow Site Merchants to update and troubleshoot products tied to promotional events. Troubleshooting problems and influencing resolution across functions. Produces work that is efficient, accurate and detail-oriented.
- Ensuring accuracy and high-quality work across the site, with an understanding of its impact on the customer experience.
- Manages quarterly photography shot requests and ensures that while in-season, Photo teams are tracking to photography standards set in place
Who you are
- A clear communicator with a laser focus on the details. You don't wait to be told what to do next, because you've already identified it. You feel comfortable learning new web tools and interfaces. You believe in process and have developed a few yourself. You have a strong aesthetic eye, love fashion and are an avid online shopper. You understand the customer “journey” and want to improve on it. You like to ask “What if” and “How do I”!
- 1-2 years of ecommerce, retail or merchandising experience.
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills, with some project management experience.
- An eagerness to learn how the “machine” is run!
- Experience with or prior exposure to content/product management systems
- Strong computer skills, in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word, Outlook helpful.
- A Bachelors' degree
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs