For the past 22 years, we’ve committed ourselves and our brand to a single aim: to empower all women and girls. Inspiration. Collaboration. Connection. Inclusivity. It’s what we do best, and we’re on the hunt for people who share our passion for leading an active lifestyle, growing personally as well as professionally, and creating game-changing products and experiences.
We use business as a force for good by putting people and the planet right up there with profit, which is why Athleta is a certified B Corp. Ready to make a move? Join us. Because we know that alone we’re strong, but together we’re unstoppable.
About the role
The Senior Manager of Commercial Planning owns connecting seasonal plan details and day to day execution across stores & online to the Athleta business & customer experience for the brand. They will deliver all executional details within the plan, working cross-functionally with Finance, Merchandising, Inventory Management, Loyalty and Marketing to ensure flawless execution for the customer.
Athleta is a fast-growing brand with continued focus on increasing awareness, driving new & existing customer purchases and engagement with the Athleta community. Based at our San Francisco headquarters, this job sits within the Athleta digital marketing team and will work cross-functionally with teams including, but not limited to, brand marketing, inventory management, merchandising and finance. The ideal candidate will have strong communication skills, is proactive & organized, a willingness to work within a highly matrixed organization, and possess strong business acumen with a drive to grow a fast-paced business.
What you'll do
Owns development of Athleta seasonal plans in partnership with company planning, merchandising, inventory management with the goal of meeting Athleta omni channel business goals and customer needs, taking into account technical feasibility and store & digital best practices.
Partners with brand marketing in delivering a Commercial Plan that drives profitable sales growth and traffic, keeping the Commercial Planning working group on task within the planning pipeline
Owns all in season online & store topline planning, working with marketing effectiveness, company planning, cerchandising and loyalty teams to build a compelling experience for the customer
Oversees day-to-day management of the Commercial calendar and recaps, advising on updates/shifts as needed
Facilitates and resolves all in-season planning dialogues based on business reaction, ensuring all messaging is backed by strong product and ladders up to the business goals & objectives
Partners with brand marketing & product teams to ensure appropriate messages are being planned into and linking pre season to in season
Optimizes processes, tools, and systems surrounding the Commercial Planning process, with a keen eye towards efficiency of decision-making
Owns cross functional hindsight process to drive key learnings season over season to effectively plan marketing, inventory, product, events & promotions year over year
Own weekly digital business results share out to broader team
Champions the customer experience of commercial messaging across all relevant platforms
Who you are
• 5-7 years of experience in consumer marketing
• Proven ability to translate business priorities into compelling marketing messages
• Understanding of business metrics, KPI’s, customer metrics tied to strategy & recommendations
• Strategic, data-driven, global thinker with a customer focused mindset
• Strong analytical skills, ability to glean insights and tell a story from data
• Strong ability to prioritize and work across many cross functional teams
• Team player with strong people skills who can foster dynamic relationships with leaders of other cross functional teams, including but not limited to: Merchandising, Inventory Management, Finance, Brand Marketing
• High energy level and ability to thrive in a fast-paced and changeable environment, comfortable with ambiguity
• Self-starter with an innate sense of curiosity and eagerness to test and learn
• Retail and fashion industry experience preferred but not essential
Benefits at Athleta
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.