About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
The Senior Manager of Workforce - Diversity Outreach will be responsible for the design and delivery of mid-to-long range strategies that impact our workforce representation 2025 commitments and business goals. You will be responsible for setting strategic direction in partnership with Talent Acquisition and Business leaders, establishing scalable best practices for key stakeholders and providing data driven insights and recommendations to our partners. We are seeking a team-oriented and skilled people manager with demonstrated ability to design, implement and execute programs and events focused on pipeline development for underrepresented communities. Key to this role is the ability to partner cross-functionally with Talent Acquisition, HR, Compliance and Legal groups to influence workforce representation processes and practices; with the ability to move fast and navigate ambiguity.
What you'll do
- Serve as a thought leader and partner to Director, Employee Belonging, Talent Acquisition and key stakeholders to develop and deploy a cutting-edge workforce representation strategy to drive our 2025 workforce commitments and beyond.
- Provide tailored insights, strategic perspective, and innovative/scalable solutions to increase hires from underrepresented communities.
- Utilize strong market expertise and internal people data to identify trends and influence customized sourcing strategies.
- Collaborate with internal teams to build and sustain strategic partnerships with colleges/universities and collaborate closely to develop and successfully execute diversity outreach events.
- Partner with talent branding, customer/community belonging and external organizations to increase our brand recognition in diverse communities.
- Collaborate with cross-functional Talent Acquisition, Global Events, and Communications teams to leverage the infrastructure and standard operating procedures required to successfully execute highly visible events.
- Manage multiple, complex outreach/event timetables successfully in a collaborative, fast paced environment; lead post-event retrospectives, examining the efficacy of outreach events based on ROI metrics and progress.
Who you are
6 + years of experience in Diversity and Inclusion, HR, or People strategy
3 + years of people leadership/managing with strong evidence of professional maturity with 3+ years of experience in a client facing/consulting role
Experience partnering with senior internal leadership to inform and guide the direction of inclusive recruitment near and long-term perspectives; Comfortable managing through ambiguity to define clear road maps, recommendations, plans and processes
Experience building, scaling and leading diversity recruiting programs and managing external partnerships; quickly assessing gaps, opportunities and developing actionable and measurable plans to execute
Recruiting delivery experience within a matrixed organization
Excellent communicator and collaborator, with the ability to build trusting relationships, manage stakeholder expectations and influence employees across all levels of the company
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs