About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
At Gap Inc., we are passionate about creating and delivering quality software by utilizing Agile and DevOps best practices. We are creating solutions by using Automation, Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration & Delivery, Pair Programming, and story-based iterative development. In this role, you will lead and collaborate cross-functionally to improve multiple features/components; clothing, checking out and zooming out – payments, credit cards, reward points, adding to shopping carts, and User stories.
We are looking for imaginative individuals well versed in the customer experience, Profile & Loyalty Web experience specifically. We’re looking for individual who has utilized cutting-edge, front-end technologies to lead and deliver complex and spectacular solutions on a large scale. Join us and flex your imagination with designing and developing industry-leading features that are reliable, scalable, and create a great customer experience!
What you'll do
- Take ownership, work collaboratively and lead strategic communications with technical and product/design team members to develop and maintain UX product features following Agile development principles
- Create robust solutions and multi-task across initiatives while building out a dynamic and productive development, continuously improving practices and methodology
- Engage actively with team members to continually enhance engineering design, practices, and methodology.
- Generate strategic thinking and creating sustainable solutions that span across projects and domains while maintaining; simplicity, reliability, manageability, scalability, extensibility, performance, and re-use
- Install and reinforce best-in-class DevOps practices with end-to-end “design, build and run” responsibilities
- Guide and advocate with technical expertise in the areas of architecture, design, implementation, and testing
- Develop code using standards-based solutions, drive adoption via mentoring and guiding others
Who you are
- Experience with running workloads on Public Clouds such as AWS, Azure, or GCP, with experience with container-based technologies like Docker and Cloud Foundry a plus.
- In-depth knowledge and technical expertise with ReactJS, NodeJS, and NPM
- Extensive experience and proficiency with cross-browser, cross-platform development including Mobile Web
- Expertise in designing and delivering with performance, security, and accessibility in mind. Expertise in designing and integrating with service-based architectures.
- Experience with modern DevOps development tools including Git, Jenkins, JIRA, PagerDuty and logging/monitoring tools such as New Relic and Splunk
- Knowledge of i18N (internationalization) and A11y (accessibility) best practices a plus
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs