About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the role
Doris and Don Fisher opened the first Gap store in 1969 with a simple idea — to make it easier to find a pair of jeans — and a commitment to do more. Over the last 49 years, the company has grown from a single store into a global fashion business with five brands: Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, and Intermix. We have more than 125,000 employees worldwide, more than 3,300 stores in 90 countries, several global e-commerce sites, and we're still growing. Gap Inc. is a Fortune 500 specialty apparel retailer that runs Franchise operations, specialty retail brick and mortar, eCommerce marketplaces, wholly-owned websites, and Outlet channels. Core to our extensive operations are our commitments to Gap Inc.'s Social Environmental & Responsibility practices and our commitment to do more. Headquartered in San Francisco, with offices globally, including New York, London, Shanghai, and Tokyo, we offer the opportunity to grow a career in a global company committed to do more for the communities we operate within.
As a part of our technology organization, you will have the opportunity to build next-generation solutions that will transform the way our customers interact with our family of iconic brands. Our team employs a DevOps model, allowing our product teams to have full ownership of design, build and operate with immense scale. From distributed computing, to artificial intelligence, mobile, big data, and cloud computing, you will have the opportunity to build a career that allows you to make an impact, all while learning new technical and leadership skills. We are inspired by new challenges and push ourselves to create what's next in this dynamic industry. Come join this diverse team and grow with us.
The Director of Engineering, Loyalty and Personalization position is a critical role accountable for the delivery of all new capabilities for our multi-channel, customer facing Loyalty products, technology stack modernization and leading a high-performance team practicing best-in-class DevOps and continuous delivery engineering practices.
In this role, you will be responsible for working with your Product Management, Architecture and Technical Program Management peers to build end-to-end product delivery and technology plans for the Customer Loyalty area, across of all Gap Inc.’s brands and markets – including our next generation loyalty offering, as well as our branded and co-branded card offerings.
In addition, you will institute the right processes and practices to ensure high availability of all your applications and services at scale, while leading your team’s technical roadmap in the Cloud. In your role, you will also lead oversight for the total cost of ownership for building, testing and running your products in Production – ensuring on time and on budget delivery.
You will be responsible for our Loyalty platform across all our brands, across multiple geographies, showcasing our products to millions of customers worldwide, making it fast, intuitive and rewarding to shop online!
The role reports to the Sr. Director of Marketing Technology, Loyalty and Personalization, in GapTech.
What you'll do
- Ensure high availability of all Production systems with industry best-practices for continuous code delivery at scale
- Lead product and technical roadmap planning for the Loyalty Engineering function, actively collaborating with key product and program management partners
- Ensure successful delivery execution of large complex product initiatives consisting of multiple cross- functional / organizational Agile teams
- Maintain overall financial oversight as part of total cost of ownership for building all your product capabilities, Production support and consumption costs
- Participate in continuous delivery improvement efforts with modern agile, lean and design thinking practices
- Provide leadership, mentorship and oversight to a high-performance team of engineering managers and engineers across product delivery, technology decisions, engineering best practices and transformation
Who you are
- 7-10 years of engineering leadership experience with ECommerce sites at scale
- Direct domain expertise leading engineering teams responsible for best-of-class, high-volume Loyalty programs
- Deep end-to-end technical knowledge building and running web applications, services and related technologies in the Cloud – Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services or Google Cloud
- Proficient and hands-on experience with Java, J2EE, Spring, Messaging services, API design
- Ability to credibly challenge technical design decisions and approaches with highly talented product managers, architects and engineers
- Experience leading leaders and independent, high performing teams with demonstrated understanding of modern software development and infrastructure tools, processes and practices, including Agile Development, Cloud, DevOps
- Experience collaborating with product and program management to build detailed product and technical roadmaps that consistently meet budget / time expectations
- Strong executive presence and experience advising and interfacing with senior executives and business leadership on technology related issues, excellent executive-level verbal and written communication
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.