We believe that being fit and active makes life richer and bigger than it could possibly be otherwise. And we’re always looking for people who share our passion for leading an active lifestyle, growing personally as well as professionally, and creating game-changing products and experiences.
Collaboration is a real thing here — because we know that individually we’re strong, but together we’re unstoppable. Athleta is a certified B Corporation, which means that we put people and planet right up there with profit, and we’re committed to using business as a force for good.
About the role
The Growth Businesses unit within Athleta is a critical part of driving our brand forward and is focused on growing the business through new channels, new markets, and new categories. Reporting into the Head of Inclusive Sizing, the Senior Merchant, Site Merchandising for Plus will collaborate closely with the Product Merchandising, Site Marketing, Design, Inventory Management and Production teams to drive the assortment strategy and business initiatives for our Plus Size customers on our e-commerce site and app. The position is multifaceted and will be evaluated on the ability to meet company top line and bottom-line requirements as well as on the ability to create and drive innovative long-range site merchandising plans for the future.
What you'll do
- Responsible for overall Site navigation and merchandising strategy (e.g., site structure, linking). Will continue to iterate on sort strategies, search, navigation etc to optimize and achieve financial goals.
- Ensure product pages are accurate, support assortment strategy and work with cross functional teams to manage investment, delivery timing, and site execution.
- Analyze Site and App business performance and metrics. Apply key learnings to help plan the Athleta assortment for our Plus business and drive strategic direction around search
- Drive omni asset planning and management across Site (desktop and mobile), App, Email, and DCM (paid ads, social) in partnership with the marketing team and site marketing teams
- Provide inputs to marketing briefs across all channels – advise on key styles for messages based on product strategy, investment, inventory positioning, and the assets aligned on during Omni Asset Planning
- Collaborate with the Product Merchant and Inventory Planning Team on key items investment, markdowns, market trends and comp sales
- Drive Plus strategy in support of financial plans by providing strategic input and leveraging learnings (ie Certona, Stylitics)
Who you are
College Degree with 5+ years industry experience in Womens apparel, ideally in an e-commerce capacity with an understanding of the digital landscape and site performance metrics
Strong eye for relevant and brand-appropriate product with a strong understanding of Womens apparel market and trends, performance experience a plus
Passion for customer journey and experience
Project management, analytical and organizational skills with proficiency in Microsoft applications - Excel, Word, and Outlook
Experience managing a business and delivering on financial goals
Excellent verbal and written communication and follow-through skills
Collaborative leadership skills and ability to work with diverse partners
Benefits at Athleta
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs