About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
The Franchise Merchant owns and oversee the merchandise strategies for the Old Navy Franchise business, driving seasonal product strategies to meet market specific needs. This role is accountable for delivering annual financial goals, driving the execution of Franchise Market, and owning Franchise needs in brand milestone meetings. They will partner with cross-functional team members to deliver Brand design concepts, key items, and assortments across multiple formats (SIS, FSS, Online) to ensure that the collection is commercially viable and provides an exciting customer experience. Initiatives they will manage and execute include development of franchise exclusives, regional assortment strategies, developing lineplans, and analyzing the business for product recaps, seasonal midsights, and seasonal hindsights. Position will be based in SF HQ and will be part of the Gap Inc Franchise Product team, partnering with Old Navy Global Merchandising, Franchise Planning, Product Operations, Store Experience and Marketing.
What you'll do
- Partner with cross-functional team members to deliver Brand design concepts, key items, promotional strategies and store assortments to ensure that the collection is commercially viable and provides an exciting customer experience.
- Eliminate redundancies in the product assortment.
- Position investments to ensure that smart risks are being taken, basic businesses are protected and financial targets are met.
- Validate costing and placement strategies with Production.
- Identify business opportunities and risks for pre-season and in-season through analyzing sales performance and gathering marketplace information.
- Change future Department strategies in-season where needed and provide appropriate and timely direction to the cross-functional team in order to react quickly to customer and business trends.
- Partner with accounts to ensure their product assortments are appropriate for their market and Old Navy brand.
- Actively listen to all members of the cross-functional team to ensure that innovative ideas are surfaced and acted upon, and that the team feels ownership in the business.
- Share information cross-brand and cross-channel where appropriate.
- Partner with employees to provide them with the appropriate tools and training for their development.
Who you are
1-2 years of retail buying experience.
Experience as a Merchandiser or equivalent.
Demonstrate the organizational ability to facilitate multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment.
Ability to transport, maneuver and visually evaluate merchandise.
Ability to travel Domestically and Internationally.
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs