About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
As a Sr Manager, you will be reporting into the Director of Corporate Strategy, and in charge of driving critical projects to advance our priorities, growth and long-range plans. You will be asked to mentor and lead team members through Corporate and Brand strategic efforts, including special projects for the CEO and Leadership Team. Your goal is to drive long-term, value-creating opportunities through deep partnership with leaders and stakeholders across the company.
What you'll do
- Serve as a strategic partner as Brands develop annual Long Range Plans
- Support cross-functional business partners at all levels with analytic insights and problem solving
- Mentor more junior team members to support work planning, hypotheses generation, issue identification, and analytical framework development
- Drive Gap Inc. Corporate Strategy initiative identification, planning, and success. Activities include:
- Identifying key issues, structure problems, develop and deliver on workplans that drive value creation across Gap Inc. brands
- Performing quantitative and qualitative analysis, including mine and analyze data, set-up financial models, and perform market and competitive research
- Synthesizing findings, develop a storyline and the supporting and material to communicate recommendations to senior management and leadership team
Who you are
Bachelor’s degree plus 6-8 years of professional work experience, ideally 2-3 years with a top-tier management consulting firm and experience– strong interest in and knowledge of retail / apparel industry a plus ; MBA from top-tier educational institution a plus
Strong analytical and financial modeling skills, with ability to oversee and provide direction to more junior team members; Strong business acumen related to consumer-facing businesses and ability to assess impact of decisions on overall business performance
Ability to drive change management and project manage critical initiatives
Demonstrated track record as an outstanding problem-solver and strategic thinker – able to work in the details and click-up a level to grasp the “big picture”
Very strong written and oral communicator with proven ability to connect with senior executives
Strong ability and willingness to collaborate effectively - a true team player
Self-starting and independent project manager - able to define workplans, drive work, and report on status and results across multiple projects; people leadership skills managing/mentoring colleagues a plus
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs