About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
About the role
In this role, you will serve as the Finance business partner for our Upper Field and Logistics organizations, owning the end-to-end forecast, close & annual budget process.
• Perform forecast, close and budget functions for Old Navy Upper Field and DC/Freight organizations. Identify and research variances to forecast, budget and prior year expenses, partner cross-functionally to complete all monthly and quarter-end deliverables.
• Prepare month-end expense reports for department leaders and budget owners, provide variance analysis for key expense items to help identify risks and opportunities.
• Conduct monthly review and forecasting of store project expenses with business partners. Track and report expenses to budget owners as well as Finance and Stores leadership teams.
• Proactively identify opportunities for process improvement and expense management.
• Perform ad hoc analysis of expenses to identify areas of risk and opportunity; present findings and recommendations to Field Finance leadership.
• Coordinate the monthly Unit Alignment process between Finance, Logistics and Supply Chain Finance to ensure accurate inbound/outbound unit projections.
• Work closely with functional areas to understand business flow and key drivers that affect Distribution Center and Freight expenses.
• Develop and maintain effective relationships with business partners and cross- functional teams at all levels of the organization.
• Support all Stores initiatives and provide financial insight during planning and budgeting processes.
• Ad hoc projects as needed
Who you are
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related field
• 0-2 years of experience in financial analysis/expense management
• Proven analytical and creative problem-solving skills
• Ability to interpret data and provide relevant conclusions and recommendations to brand leadership
• Ability to work independently and deliver results on time
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Organized and detail oriented
• Ability to articulate financial concepts to non-finance business partners in a clear and concise manner
• Solid interpersonal skills with proven ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with business partners
• Strong proficiency in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• Knowledge of Oracle systems, Essbase a plus & Power BI a plus
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs