We believe that being fit and active makes life richer and bigger than it could possibly be otherwise. And we’re always looking for people who share our passion for leading an active lifestyle, growing personally as well as professionally, and creating game-changing products and experiences.
Collaboration is a real thing here — because we know that individually we’re strong, but together we’re unstoppable. Athleta is a certified B Corporation, which means that we put people and planet right up there with profit, and we’re committed to using business as a force for good.
About the role
Manager, Photo and Video Production is responsible for the management of pre-planning, production and execution of brand marketing photo and video asset in support of all channels and marketing vehicles (print, digital and retail). This role will primarily focus on location photography, providing support for studio photography as needed, ensuring that all of the components are executed on time and on budget.
What you'll do
- Manage all aspects of photo and video pre-planning process including synthesizing strategy, casting, location and shoot concepts. Participate in the concepting process, brainstorms, concept review and asset planning meetings
- Manage photo and video production budget. Secure and get final sign-off on estimates, track and reconcile expenses, alert leadership when budget is over/under
- Negotiate contracts, prepare and finalize talent and location agreements and contracts. Get final sign-offs for contracts, invoices and expenses
- Ensure company legal and non-merchandise procurement policies are followed at all times
- Coordinate and schedule photo production meetings and provide timely communication of dates/calendar
- Produce international and national photo and video shoots
- Source and manage freelance talent: recommend appropriate freelancers for approval and negotiate contracts
- Develop deep understanding of brand strategy to ensure casting and locations meet brand objectives
- Cast and secure models, photographers, stylists, hair & makeup, catering and local producers
- Scout and secure locations and necessary permits
- Collaborate with in-house art directors, production assistants and stylists
- Book travel for internal personnel and contractors for the photo shoots
- Deliver photography assets on time and on budget
Who you are
- Experienced leader with 5-7 years of hands-on experience in creative production roles (photography, video and/or project management)
- BA or higher education preferred
- Broad experience working in a high-volume, fast-paced constantly changing marketing/creative environment
- Empowered facilitator who is exceedingly diplomatic and can fearlessly manage up, down and sideways. Driver of alignment and collaboration
- Accomplished relationship builder with ability to drive results creatively and develop strong partnership with key individuals within the marketing department at all levels and functions
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, listening and communication skills
- Extremely detail oriented and highly motivated with a positive attitude
- Positive, self-driven, high energy leader that understands how to motivate and lead a team to achieve excellence
- Superior organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously. Must be able to work under pressure and ambiguity
- Highly competent and able to manage complex photo and video production budgets
- Strong negotiation skills
- Must develop strong understanding of the Athleta brand, seasonal messaging and seasonal marketing calendar as well as the role of marketing vehicles
- Digital skills required: Microsoft Office
- Digital skills helpful: FileMaker Pro, Adobe Creative Suite
Benefits at Athleta
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs