We believe that being fit and active makes life richer and bigger than it could possibly be otherwise. And we’re always looking for people who share our passion for leading an active lifestyle, growing personally as well as professionally, and creating game-changing products and experiences.
Collaboration is a real thing here — because we know that individually we’re strong, but together we’re unstoppable. Athleta is a certified B Corporation, which means that we put people and planet right up there with profit, and we’re committed to using business as a force for good.
About the role
This person will be a seasoned photo Art Director and creative leader. They will be responsible for defining and championing the Athleta photography aesthetic, and bringing seasonal and campaign concepts to life, in addition to leading the strategic planning of still and motion assets. Casting, location, and talent will be led by this position, working closely with the Sr. Manager of Photoshoot Production. This position will lead the Art Direction team for all Location & Studio photo and video assets.
What you'll do
- Partner very closely with the Sr. Director, Concepting & Design to understand the vision and design framework for the season and the “big idea” per month (inclusive of a campaign level idea once per season). Plan casting, location, and photo/video assets to support that vision.
- Lead, manage, and provide direction to their team of art directors, stylists, and in-house photo and video team, in addition to external photographers and videographers to ensure all understand the creative vision and how this exemplifies brand strategy.
- Understand the needs of each marketing vehicle and “best practices” to develop creative that will have the greatest impact to the customer.
- Work closely with Sr. Manager Photoshoot production to leverage the budget and to identify new ways to shoot photography that will create agility and flexibility in the marketing pipeline.
- Secure a lineup of freelance talent to partner with on a consistent basis to help the brand achieve a recognizable photographic handwriting across end uses and across vehicles.
- Work with the Director, Creative Services to create a seamless and easy system of asset management to enable teams to access photography easily and to communicate preferred assets and video to the marketing and design teams.
Who you are
- 10+ years of experience working as an Art Director for premium brands and/or innovative design firms.
- Experience with sport photography is required.
- Proven leadership experience, working with Art Directors, Production, Stylists, and freelance talent.
- Skilled and knowledgeable in all things related to photography and videography.
- Possess a sophisticated aesthetic and the technical chops to execute that aesthetic, while being nimble enough to capture raw, real, unplanned moments full of energy and personality.
- Obsessed with creating compelling visual narratives and product storytelling through both stills and motion content.
- Embrace a digital-first mindset, understanding the marketing needs of paid and social media and how to concept and deliver memorable content that performs in those channels.
- A champion of the unexpected—someone who revels in delivering moments of surprise and delight, who isn’t afraid to take risks, who challenges the status quo and can join us in moving the brand forward.
- A positive, motivating leader that can easily collaborate and work through roadblocks in a solution-minded way.
Benefits at Athleta
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs