About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. We're looking for the people who'll help make our next decade just as revolutionary as our first five. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, you're the right fit. Come grow with us.
In digital commerce at Gap you’ll experience and drive scale, impact and innovation. With one of the top-20 global ecommerce sites we’re amongst the handful of competitors who can – and must – be at the forefront of great digital experiences to thrive. We have a proprietary digital engine, integrated with a set of industry leading third parties – that helps drive a strong customer experience and is core to our customer strategy.
The Digital Experience & Commerce Product Management team at Gap Inc. is responsible for creating a best in class digital brand experience for its portfolio of specialty apparel brands; Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, Gap Factory, Banana Republic Factory, Janie and Jack and Intermix. Your work will impact millions of people worldwide who love our iconic brands. We partner with business leaders and a global engineering team to build custom software that powers a $16 billion Fortune 500 apparel retailer.
We’re looking for a leader to come drive the vision and execution of our mobile shopping apps. These apps are experiencing massive growth – and are serving our very best customers. They are already some of the most valuable shopping apps today, and we intend to make them more popular – by enhancing the core shopping experience and how these apps are used to deepen our relationship with our customers.
You should be an awesome product manager – experienced in making guiding product development, making tough tradeoffs, figuring out business value and what’s right for customers. You should have experience working with high-profile, high volume mobile applications.
What you'll do
- Manage a small team of product managers, external agencies and vendor partners to deliver an outstanding, accretive app experience for our customers
- Ensure a strong, easy, frictionless shopping funnel in our apps
- Lead the ideation and innovation process – to develop non-shopping functions within our apps
- Champion our shopping apps internally – helping solidify the vision for our apps, drive innovation, gather customer feedback and evolve our apps over time
- Partner with stakeholders across the organization including general managers, engineers, operations, marketers, analysts and program managers
Who you are
- 10+ years of progressively relevant experience plus 4-7 years of digital/ ecommerce experience
- 2-5 years of people management experience; BA/BS degree or equivalent; MBA or technical degree a plus
- Hands-on experience delivering mobile app capabilities (shopping, customer engagement, personalization) at scale; Data-driven mindset and track record of managing both custom built and 3rd party software implementations
- Strong communication and partnering skills – experience communicating product strategies and tradeoffs to diverse audiences
- Excellent analytical and commercial experience – a track record of driving business value via effective product stewardship, understanding business impacts and making data-driven decisions
- Built and evolved teams – strong hiring, coaching and development of entry-level through senior product managers
- Be versatile: able to prioritize/handle multiple initiatives in a fast-paced environment with tough deadlines
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs