About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
The Senior Manager of Brand Quality Assurance is primarily responsible for product development oversight to identify risk associated with construction, performance, fabric or fit with the brand seasonal product line and mitigate as appropriate with the brand and global partners. Ensure that rigorous testing protocols are in place as applicable during product development, evolve protocols and manuals as necessary to adapt to product line and product performance evolution, and lead all in market quality research and issue resolution in a timely and efficient manner and in partnership with global stakeholders. You’ll collaborate, influence, and strategize with cross-functional partners to share out data and insights that positively impact our product quality, and drive brand quality differentiators to achieve best in class finished goods quality protocols and drive a culture of quality awareness in the brand.
What you'll do
- Establish, implement and monitor quality goals and initiatives for the brand working cross-functionally with key internal and external stakeholders, including; R&D, designers, supply merchants and global production teams
- Attend seasonal product review meetings, identify risk across the product line, and align plans to mitigate risk with global partners prior to production
- Lead the development, oversight and continuous improvement of testing requirements, quality standards and approval processes across all product categories, ensure fit for use and performance claims are supported
- Partner with global stakeholders to identify gaps in development process, protocols and calendars, lead activities to ensure continuous improvement and evolution
- Partner proactively with R&D teams ensuring engineered products were appropriately tested and meet end user requirements and demands
- Support fabric R&D to ensure fit for use through development and evolve fabric development standards and protocols to ensure production quality
- Support brand product innovation through appropriate performance, fabric and wear testing protocols
- Be the primary point of contact for all in market quality or performance issues, drive timely and efficient root cause problem solving and issue resolution with global stakeholders and shape meaningful quality improvements
- Lead regular in market surveillance activities and provide real time data and insights on product quality, research and resolve issues in a timely manner and ensure hindsghting exercises to influence future decision making and product improvements
- Drive action plans to respond to product quality issues as a result of the Voice of the Consumer (VOC) analytics and in market surveillance and research
- Support a culture of quality in the brand by providing education, clear communication and ensure a clear understanding of the Gap Inc. quality operating model
- Share and institutionalize best practices SOP’s and protocols across the brand and product assortment
Who you are
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years working in an apparel retail or consumer products environment with a focus on tech design, product quality, product testing, textiles and sourcing/manufacturing, performance product preferred
- 3-5 years of supervisory experience preferred
- High level proficiency with Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint, etc.
- Proven capability to communicate complex situations and data clearly and effectively
- Able to proactively solve problems, effectively manage multiple challenges, and provide viable and innovative options for resolution
- Able to build constructive and effective relationships with a broad and diverse group of business partners
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs