About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
At Gap Inc., we are using technology as a competitive advantage to become the world’s #1 specialty apparel retailer. As part of GapTech, you will deliver globally scalable, cloud-based solutions, using rapid development, continuous integration and open source technology. GapTech is committed to a Product based and DevOps Operating Model with agility and speed as core values to our delivery processes.
In the GapTech Strategy and Operations group, you will be helping to lead a team of scrum masters as well as performing the role of scrum master as an individual contributor. This role is part leadership, part management and individual contributor all rolled up into one. You will be embedded within the product engineering lines to help evolve and mature the product teams adoption of Agile and DevOps ways of working.
We are hiring technology enthusiasts who share our passion for continuous improvement towards efficient delivery of high quality software.
What you'll do
Lead, manage and grow a global team of scrum masters (US and Hyderabad) and fostering a community of delivery excellence focused on business outcomes and results
Managing components of the P&L for the scrum master organization and helping to encourage a culture of financial acumen in the context of innovation, speed and agility
Collaboratively apply agile software development principles, practices and appropriate metrics so teams can consistently deliver value and high quality working software
Facilitate consistent adoption of scrum based practices and ceremonies across product teams
Collaborate with Product Management, Engineering, Technical Program Management, Architecture, Security and Technology Operations to create an environment where the team has the context and freedom to make the best decisions to maximize value for the organization
Use retrospectives as a tool to identify opportunities for continuous improvement and be able to measure their impacts
Leverages technical acumen to help optimize team performance across all roles
Who you are
- 7+ years IT experience with 3+ years as a hands-on Scrum Master, or equivalent experience required. Must have management experience with proven ability to grow and lead a distributed team across multiple geographies, time zones and cultures. Experience working in a Product Team Model and DevOps organization required
- Must have both technical and financial acumen to facilitate business oriented results and experience and proven ability to collaborate and align teams across a matrix based organization based on influence
- Deep understanding and experience in Scrum and other agile methodologies and understanding of agile software development principles and practices; i.e. Extreme Programming
- Must be self-motivated, organized, self-confident and self-directing with a proven ability to identify priorities and mobilize initiatives in an orderly fashion to achieve desired results; effective and efficient in facilitating solutions to complex, time-critical challenges
- Excellent situational awareness and an ability to remain calm under pressure and be cognizant of how you are perceived
- Experience in proactive improvement of software development processes and practices to optimize value delivery
- Experience in a Web, Java, XML, RDBMS, Cloud development environment preferred as well as experience with Atlassian, Jira and Confluence
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs