About Gap Inc.
Our past is full of iconic moments — but our future is going to spark many more. Our brands — Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Athleta, INTERMIX and Hill City — have dressed people from all walks of life and all kinds of families, all over the world, for every occasion for more than 50 years.
But we’re more than the clothes that we make. We know that business can and should be a force for good, and it’s why we work hard to make product that makes people feel good, inside and out. It’s why we’re committed to giving back to the communities where we live and work. If you're one of the super-talented who thrive on change, aren't afraid to take risks and love to make a difference, come grow with us.
About the role
Reporting to the Sr. Director, International & Parcel Transportation, the Manager, Parcel Network Design & Optimization is responsible for the future strategic design of our parcel network to enable innovative delivery solutions to support the growth of ecommerce and increasing demand for speed solutions. This role will be the direct point of contact for the strategy and development teams within our Global Supply Chain as well as within our brands. This resource will work closely with Supply Chain Strategy, Customer Experience, and Supply Chain Analytics teams to supply practical and operational inputs required to support the development of our brand and ecommerce strategies. This resource will also be responsible for the project management and execution of new implementations, evolving service level initiatives, and operationalizing any new service(s) for hand-off to other leaders within Parcel Transportation for future day-to-day management. This role will interact with external transportation service providers as well as key internal stakeholders, and integrates with transportation operational business leaders on projects, contract negotiations, and business continuity efforts to help support optimal operating plans/ budgets. This resource should be well versed in Seamless Inventory/ Omni-channel core principles to support the dynamic needs of the online consumer, staying connected to external trends and evolving transportation solutions. This leader is required to leverage professional partnerships (internal & external) to stay informed of key industry best practices and benching, and will be responsible for designing the future parcel network for Gap Inc.
What you'll do
- Project Manage all Global Parcel initiatives and deliver strategic projects inclusive of cross channel and seamless inventory projects
- Engineer omni-channel carrier solutions to best leverage our ship-from-store network and transportation capabilities
- Design and implement parcel carrier solutions, shipping policies, and procedures to drive ecommerce initiatives. Own direct ship strategy, evaluate, grow, and modify with network and volume changes to ensure optimal shipping performance.
- Maintain policies, networks, sourcing points, and carrier base. Monitor industry trends and shipping best practices in all global markets, and educate leadership team on network opportunities.
- Engineer an optimal returns network leveraging our store and DC network, transportation carriers, and external vendors to maximize merchandise margin
- Develop network plans with effective parcel shipping solutions that support strategic initiatives that drive cost, service, and process improvement initiatives
- Lead interface for Parcel Operations with Supply Chain Strategy, Supply Chain Analytics, and Brand Operations teams accountable for the development of parcel transportation initiative
Who you are
Business Acumen: functional expertise in the following areas- Shipping, Transportation and Logistics
Talent Builder: Proven track record of developing functional and leadership capabilities in others and across a global organization
Strategic Orientation: experience leveraging business acumen, market intelligence, and insight to influence and drive strategic impact across Omni-Channel concept and seamless inventory . Proven ability to assess and adapt to dynamic business environment
Personal Leadership: demonstrated executive presence, presentation, influencing, and collaboration
Drive for Results: Demonstrated ability to effectively navigate and lead others in an ambiguous environment to achieve high levels of performance and deliver sustainable results to the team
Change Leadership: experience leading with and without authority to influence others and drive decision-making, ability to develop and analyze transportation models
Experience: 5 + years professional experience in Transportation, Logistics, Shipping and +3 years project management
Education: Advanced degree preferred
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs