We believe that being fit and active makes life richer and bigger than it could possibly be otherwise. And we’re always looking for people who share our passion for leading an active lifestyle, growing personally as well as professionally, and creating game-changing products and experiences.
Collaboration is a real thing here — because we know that individually we’re strong, but together we’re unstoppable. Athleta is a certified B Corporation, which means that we put people and planet right up there with profit, and we’re committed to using business as a force for good.
About the role
The Textile Designer will work with the Textile Design team, designing brand enhancing prints and placement graphics, jacquards, yarn dyes and embroideries for apparel and accessories for the Athleta Brand.
• Knowledge of the latest Activewear print and textile design/technology trends
• Design brand enhancing unique, original allover and placement art, including embroidery and/or appliqués at an expert skill level
• Prepares detailed artwork specs/mill sheets and other artwork/design concept packages, such as repeats and dimensional references for factories and vendor base
• Correspond with overseas vendors to execute developments from concept to production ready
• Manages and reviews strike offs submitted for development (repeat, layout, scale, color position, print technique/method, hand feel and overall quality and execution of design)
• Assess style/product limitations with designers and develop product specific art
• Coordinate print back to activities in a cohesive collection
• Develop multiple color ways and prepare alternative layouts and scale
• Helps advise coloring and pop trim color options for our apparel during the merchandising/assortment stage
• Helps to upkeep the print archive seasonally
• Work with design team to create CADS and visual materials for presentations and line review meetings
• Translation of current fashion trends for the Athleta customer
Who you are
• College Degree- BS/BA in Apparel/Fashion Design/Textile/Print/Graphic Design
• 7-10 years’ experience
• Strong knowledge of fabric & apparel printing methods
• Strong artistic background & color sense, portfolio a must
• Hand drawing, sketching, illustration skills a plus
• Exceptional organizational skills and ability to work & meet deadlines
• Excellent communication skills, some management experience helpful
• Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop
• InDesign, Microsoft Office and other CAD software helpful
• Active lifestyle and/or a passion for the outdoors is a plus
• Excellent verbal and written communication and follow-through skills
• Excellent leadership skills and ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
Benefits at Athleta
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs