For the past 22 years, we’ve committed ourselves and our brand to a single aim: to empower all women and girls. Inspiration. Collaboration. Connection. Inclusivity. It’s what we do best, and we’re on the hunt for people who share our passion for leading an active lifestyle, growing personally as well as professionally, and creating game-changing products and experiences.
We use business as a force for good by putting people and the planet right up there with profit, which is why Athleta is a certified B Corp. Ready to make a move? Join us. Because we know that alone we’re strong, but together we’re unstoppable.
About the role
The Designer will partner with the Sr Director on season direction and creative tone for Athleta Hike + Commute. They will play a part in innovating and creating the strategic direction of business through creating beautiful product that performs; is accountable for development process, growing business and seeking opportunities to positively affect their respective categories through new to market technologies for both short and long-term impact. This Designer will partner closely with cross functional leaders who collectively are responsible for creating product that is famous for its sustainable technical beauty.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
• Under limited supervision, responsible for managing the design process from concept boards, color palette and artwork development to final prototype.
• Responsible for researching global markets in order to identify new trends, silhouettes, fabrics, techniques, embellishments, etc.
• Conduct seasonal shopping and consumer research.
• Lead, inspire and actively participate in the conceptual development of the collection, and present/advocate design ideas to multiple audiences (internal leaders as well as cross-functional partners like merchandising).
• Develop seasonal, product-driven concepts and stories.
• Provide recommendations regarding edits, big ideas, and volume driving ideas.
• Provide insight regarding fabric, silhouette, styling and fit during presentation to cross-functional teams.
• Collaborate with merchant team to ensure that product is consistent with market trends, brand aesthetic and quality filters as well as business strategy.
• Work closely with Design Sr Director and Merchandising partners to ensure a final assortment that fully expresses the Brands seasonal vision
• Collaboration & Influencing
• Customer Impact
Who you are
WHO YOU ARE :
• Strong design, color and conceptual skills.
• Ability to create and design into concepts.
• Strong sense of style and color.
• Thorough knowledge of silhouettes, fabrication, and construction.
• Strong organizational, time management, communication, presentation, collaboration, and negotiation skills.
• Excellent leadership skills and the ability to inspire others.
• Good understanding of merchandising as it relates to sales and store environment.
• Previous design experience; Minimum of 5 years.
• Solid computer knowledge. Experience in Illustrator and Photoshop.
• College degree in design or related field.
Benefits at Athleta
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic, Old Navy and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.
Browse all jobs