What are the top traits you look for in a potential candidate?
We are looking for smart candidates who have a passion for retail, an entrepreneurial spirit, a strong desire to learn and are hardworking individuals.
What information should I include in my resume?
We want to hear all about your accomplishments, strengths and previous achievements. Feel free to include any projects as attachments to give us a better sense of your style.
What if I need a visa?
Unfortunately, we do not sponsor visas for entry level and RMP positions.
What is my application status?
During each step in the interview process, we will keep you informed regarding next steps. Monitor the email you used when you applied. Following an assessment or interview we will send you updates on next steps within 1-2 business days. Don't forget to check junk folders.
What do you enjoy about working at Gap Inc?
Click here to read about our culture and values.
Can I apply for more than one job at the same time?
Yes, you can apply for multiple openings, however if you are a junior and applying for a Summer Internship, we prefer that you apply for one position.
I'm already a Gap Inc employee. How do I apply?
Current employees can apply for the Rotational Management Program via the internal career site. We will need a competed Manager Reference Form before you can interview. MRF’s can be found on The Thread.
How can I prepare for my Interview?
Review the job description and visit our careers website to learn more about Gap Inc. The 1st round Interview will consist of behavioral questions so come with examples that demonstrate your strengths. You can also come with any questions you might have about the opportunity.
What should I wear?
We are a fashion company where personal style is appreciated and admired. Gap Inc style transcends generations and geographies. Don't be afraid to show us your style and the individual you are. Click here to check out our “Best Dressed For Zoom” session dates.
Will recruiters be coming to my university?
Due to the current pandemic, recruiting this year will be entirely virtual. Here are some of the best ways to connect with us virtually: watch our virtual info session, attend one of our recruiting events posted, connect with one of our recruiters here and check if Gap Inc. will be attending your school’s virtual career fair.
How soon will I know if a hiring decision has been made?
You should hear back from with a status update within a week of your interview.
• Enable the product line creation to execute merchandising strategies, deliver on product design and brand aesthetic while effectively managing cost of goods
• Leverage garment and fabric technical knowledge to meet product quality standards and resolve issues that arise.
• Manage costing process to ensure financial targets are met by delivering costing guidance to the cross-functional team
• Interact with customers to understand their needs and preferences
• Gain a working knowledge store teams and how they operate
• Learn about the brand, product and shopping experience
• Create category sales and inventory plan to hit financial targets and support category roles
• Analyze business performance and develop strategies to maximize profitability
• Re-forecast business based on actual sales and inventory levels
• Learn design principles and process, color theory and trend forecasting
• Learn about textiles, construction, finishes, pattern-making and grading
• Understand macro trends, history, and diversity and inclusion in the fashion industry
• Develop an understanding of partnerships with cross-functional teams
• Develop global assortment strategies across brands and channels
• Synthesize customer insights, market data and product performance to drive business results
• Collaborate with cross-functional partners to deliver exceptional products and customer experiences
• Build fluency in digital business for retail
• Understand customer lifetime value and data analytics
• Learn the fundamentals of running a successful e-commerce site
• See behind the scenes of our photo studio
• Drive engagement through digital marketing
• See how digital product management creates a positive customer experience
• Build an assortment strategy that drives online and store sales
• Reinforce an integrated shopping experience, whether online or in stores