- About Us
- Social Responsibility
Recruitment Fraud Advisory
Gap Inc. has learned of false internet job postings from aliases such as thegap-usa.com that mimic our company and/or brand names in an effort to mislead job applicants. To assist potential job applicants and our customers, we want to clarify the following:
- All open positions available with Gap Inc. will be posted on www.Gapinc.com/careers.
- A job opening described in an email or website that does not also appear on www.Gapinc.com/careers is not legitimate.
- Gap Inc. does not recruit for open positions through instant messaging or texts.
- Gap Inc. does not ask prospective job applicants information about their bank accounts, credit history or passwords to financial accounts.
- If a Gap Inc. recruiter needs any additional information as part of the hiring process, applicants will be directly contacted by a Gap Inc. recruiter or the hiring manager.
- If you see a job posting on a site other than gapinc.com/careers or are asked for personal financial or security information, this is likely a fraudulent posting hosted by spammers posing as Gap Inc. in order to commit identity theft or other forms of fraud. If you receive this type of suspicious email activity, please alert the FBI’s Internet Crimes Complaint Center: http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx