Gap Inc. offers its shareholders a safe, convenient way to hold Gap Inc. shares through the Direct Registration System (DRS). This electronic system gives shareholders full ownership of Gap Inc. stock without the responsibility of holding the actual stock certificates.
The Benefits of Direct Registration
- Protects shareholders against loss or damage of negotiable certificates
- Eliminates the cost of surety bonds for the replacement of lost certificates
- Makes it easier to sell or transfer shares
A Direct Registration Transaction Advice is issued when shares are deposited to DRS.
Requesting Certificates in DRS
Mail a completed Transaction Advice Form or letter to the address below.
Certificates should be mailed within five days of request. (Certificate will be mailed only to address of record.) Shares held in DRS can be sold through Gap Inc.'s transfer agent or through a stockbroker.
Depositing Certificates in DRS
At the shareholder's request, existing certificates may be deposited into DRS.
- Do not sign the back of the certificates.
- Enclose a letter requesting transfer to Direct Registration.
- Enclose a completed Transaction Advice Form.
- Insure certificates for 2 percent of the current shares' market value.
- Mail certificates via a traceable method (for example, certified mail or FedEx) to:
Wells Fargo Shareowner Services
P.O. Box 64854
St. Paul, MN 55164-0854